Disease Prevention: Diet and Nutrition in Relation to HPV Driven Cervical Cancer


Summary:

Cervical cancer is a disease involving the abnormal growth of cells within the cervix, or the region of the uterus that connects to the vagina.7 Cervical cancer affects nearly 12,000 women, and more than 4,000 women die from complications of this disease every year. The goal throughout this presentation was to inform the public of the issues surrounding cervical cancer and determine the if there are any benefits associated with diet and nutrition on the prevention of the occurrence of cervical cancer in women. 

Research Question: Are diet and nutrition a useful treatment option for preventing and treating the occurrence of cervical cancer in women?

APN 610 Reflection:

The purpose of the APN 610 course was to familiarize us on the importance and the usefulness of a research prospectus in relaying our topic. During the session, we created a topic and learned knowledge on each section of a prospectus by creating discussion posts and completing assignments that demonstrated our academic understanding. Therefore I think the research prospectus was the best piece of work to reflect on what I have learned throughout this course.

Although I had prior knowledge when it comes to research and professional writing from my undergraduate studies, there was a significant amount of information where I was new to the in-depth details of each piece of the prospectus. The new skills learned from this course will help me in future writing and publishing of information presented to nutrition professionals. If I could improve my prospectus, I would remove first person language due to the inappropriate nature. I would also include survey example questions when it comes to the methodology of my topic.

Before this course, I never considered the role that statistics plays in research development. This is probably because most of the research I have done we have used automatic computer calculation systems or we only focused on the qualitative aspect of the results section. My work adequately displayed the changes in my knowledge of statistic analysis due to the incorporation of g*power test and the appropriate use of it for my topic and study design. In the end, the course adequately taught me ways to improve my research skills, data collecting and analyzing skills, and writing skills.

Comments

Popular Posts