The Trans-Theoretical Model: Motivational Interviewing

Summary:

Nutrition professionals describe the Trans-Theoretical Model as a system of steps in which individuals progress through to initiate, complete, and maintain behavior change. Throughout this presentation, I will explain the implications, possibilities, and limitations of the Trans-Theoretical Model and how Motivational Interviewing can enhance it. 

APN 620 Reflection: 

I chose to use the Key assessment Part 4 Presentation as my portfolio piece for the APN 620 course. The assessment adequately expresses what I learned within this course and how the information influenced my views on the concepts regarding behavior change. I was able to convey the appropriate guidelines for creating a supportive therapeutic environment using information discussed in the course about self-awareness, cultural awareness, empathy, ethics, communication skills, and congruence. I was able to distinguish between the different theories of change studied in this course and describe the one that best suited by preferred counseling style. Using the information and research about the spirit of Motivational Interviewing, I created a detailed document of what MI consisted of and how it can be used independently and as a supplement to a proposed theory of change.

The skills I have learned while completing this piece will help me to be a better researcher and technical writer. It has taught me to always take into account every viewpoint on the subject of behavior change in order to choose the best method for the client in question.

If I could improve on this piece I would improve my sentence wording and grammar issues. I would also provide more detail on the specific examples regarding the fundamentals of motivational interviewing and further explained how the MI can be a great tool for helping clients to work through their ambivalence.


Before completing this assignment, I had never done any research on nutrition counseling or mentoring. For this piece I was required to learn and understand new material that tested my ability to understand how client interventions are conducted and have evolved in order to improve behavior change outcomes. By studying this information, I have increased my capability of conducting sound judgment interventions focused on the wellbeing of the client. It also reflects my improvements in the use of AMA citation guidelines.

Comments

Popular Posts